Thursday, June 9, 2011

Then comes Marriage

5 Years later, on Christmas Eve I got the shock of my life! I walked into Kenny's parents house where we were going to celebrate Christmas, as I walked in Mary Jo (Kenny's mom) had asked us to go check on fire to make sure it was out. Kenny and I walked out to the fire pit and as we got closer, a thousand white Christmas lights turned on and it looked like a castle over the bonfire pit, there were red rose pedals spread all around the area and music playing. I stopped and looked at Kenny and said, "What is going on?" He smiled and said, " I just wanted to make Christmas special this year." I really accepted that answer becasue he was always doing romantic things for me like this. We sat down on the swing and exchanged gifts. After a little while Kenny said he had one more gift for me and he pulled out a peom he had written. It was the story of our love and at the very end he got down on one knee and finally asked me, "Nina, will you make me the happiest man and be my wife?" All I could say was is this really happening? Yes it was and my response.. YES! The planning started and one year later on January 11th, 2011 I became Mrs. Kenneth Quam!

He is all I know and all I ever wanted, he not only knows me better than I know myself, he challenges me to to be the woman God designed me to be everyday. That is why I love him so much, he makes me a better person.

2 comments: