Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I have been blessed to have one of the greatest dad's there is. He has taught me how to be a woman of God, seek him above all else and to follow all my dreams. What kid wouldn't want to be to taught these foundational skills of life! So when God took my daddy home 2 1/2 years ago, my world was shaken and turned upside down. You never think it will happen to you, you always think that your family will be around forever or at least until you are older and have had kids of your own. Losing my dad was and is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, but because I have leaned on God through it all he has taught me to see all that my dad was. Just because he is not here anymore doesn't mean he doesn't still live in me and now my beautiful baby girl to be!

I have learned so much about a father's love these past 2 1/2 years, not just an earthly father but a heavenly one, before losing my dad I never had the need for a heavenly father because God had blessed me with a wonderful earthly one. Now that I have had both, it is as if I am even more complete becasue now I know what it is to have the love of an earthly father and to have the love of a heavenly one as well.

So this is a story from my heart to Thank God for blessing me with a wonderful relationship with my father, for allowing me to know Christ at a deeper level and to now be able to watch the relationship of my daughter and my husband grow.

God truly does know what we need every second of every day, he knows our needs before we do(like having a baby girl first so I won't be as easily reminded of my dad like I might have been with a baby boy). SO trust in him when times are good and believe he is YOUR father when times are bad.

Happy Fathers Day DAD!




2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Nina! Yes, I watched your Dad treat you with love, honor and respect. He taught you to value yourself, because God values you. He was a wonderful Dad that helped you become the amazing woman of God and loving wife that you are. I have no doubt you will be an awesome Mom! Aunt Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes- what a beautiful and touching post, Nina. You look so much like your dad!

    ReplyDelete